Careers training for PhDs & Postdocs
Early career researchers (PhDs and postdocs) have specific career needs that are best addressed through working with a careers professional who understands the academic context.
Having spent 10 years managing a skills development programme for ECRs within a doctoral college, I have that insight.
I provide specialist careers training to research-council funded researchers in doctoral training centres and partnerships.
I offer webinars and small group workshops on topics including:
- Articulating the value of your PhD (identifying & describing skills)
- Getting started with career planning
- Managing career transition
- How to research & evaluate career ideas
- Where to look for jobs: designing a job search strategy
- CVs and LinkedIn
- Effective job applications
- Interview prep
- Planning your research trajectory
- Consultancy & business start-up
- Designing a portfolio career
- Identifying & articulating your strengths (CliftonStrengths® assessment)
- The strengths-based PhD & postdoc
- Wellbeing for Researchers
- Intelligent Career Card Sort® (ICCS®) Career Exploration Process (ICCS®)
Find out more
To arrange an initial chat, please get in touch.