This Privacy Notice sets out the details of how Career Practic (“we”, “us”, “our”) as data controller, collects and processes your personal data when you engage our services, or through your use of our products, services, or our website located at www.careerpractic.com (“the Website”) or our other online platforms and/or social media channels which, for the purposes of this privacy notice, shall be collectively referred to as (“the Website”), or any data which you provide to us in any other way.
For the purposes of this privacy notice, personal data shall mean any information that can be used to identify an individual whether directly or indirectly as defined by the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Please read through the content of this Privacy Notice carefully and ensure that you understand it. If you do not understand the content of this Privacy Notice or do not accept or agree with it then you must stop using the Website and/ or accessing our social media platforms and any associated groups or pages immediately. If you have already provided us with any Personal Data then you must contact us immediately.
By accessing the Website and providing us with your personal data you are warranting that you are over 18 years of age.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or require more information concerning our privacy practices please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we collect and process your personal data
We may collect and process personal data that you provide to us by subscribing to our newsletter or email list, requesting information through our contact form, purchasing our products or services, or by any other communication via email, text or through our Website or other online platforms and social media channels.
We may also collect personal data received from third parties as detailed further below.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
Our grounds for collecting and processing your personal data
When we collect and process your personal data, we will comply with the relevant data protection laws and principles such as the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”) and the EU General Data Protection (“EU GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018 which means that your data will be used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way and kept securely and only for as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
When we collect and process your personal data, we do so on the basis of a lawful condition which will be because you have given your consent for us to process your data, we have legal permission to do so, we are under a contractual or legal obligation, or it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
The types of personal data we collect and process
The types of personal data which we process will vary depending on your own specific circumstances and the nature of our relationship with you, but typically can include:
- Personal and contact Information:this may include your name, date of birth, email address, phone number, business contact details, correspondence address, IP address and any messages or communications that you provide to us through our Website. We shall process this data for the purposes of communicating with you and keeping our records on the lawful grounds of legitimate interest;
- Customer or Client Information:should you purchase goods and/or services from us then we may process information in connection with your purchase, and the supply of that purchase, as well as keeping appropriate records. Such information may include your personal information, billing address, delivery address, credit card or other payment details and we shall process it on contractual grounds;
- User Information:this may include comments or statements that you may make or post via our Website, online platforms or social media channels, images, documents or videos that you share on or through our Website or through any of our pages or other online platforms, and information concerning your use of our Website or other online platforms such as your browser information, pixel ID, page views, pages visited, number of visits and where appropriate log-in details. We shall process this information to analyse and monitor usage and content of our Website and other platforms and channels to ensure the content is relevant to you, to support our administration and record keeping requirements, and to maintain security of our systems on legitimate interest grounds;
- Promotional Information:this may include information you provide in connection with any promotions, marketing or advertising from us or our third parties. We shall use this information to provide relevant offers and advertisements, competitions and promotions and other free resources and to monitor our promotional activity, keep records and compile analytics on legitimate interest grounds.
Use of personal data for marketing purposes
We may also process your personal data to deliver or send relevant advertisements to you through our Website and other online platforms and to analyse the success and effectiveness of such adverts for our legitimate interest purposes of promoting and growing our business.
In accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) we may also send you relevant advertisements or marketing information if you:
- have ever purchased or enquired about our products or services; and
- at the time of your purchase or enquiry you agreed to receive advertising or marketing information from us and you have not opted out from receiving that information.
Where we contact you through email, we shall ensure that our emails clearly display the location of the sender and include clear options for you to opt-out from receiving contact from us in accordance with the CAN-SPAM act.
You can opt out of receiving any communications from us at any time by using the opt-out links in the communications you receive or by notifying us in writing by email to email@example.com. Please note that opting out of communications will not prevent us from contacting you where we are required to do so in order to provide you with our products or services that you have requested or purchased.
We will never share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes without your express consent.
Special category personal data
We do not collect any special category personal data. Special category personal data includes data relating to your health, race or ethnicity, political opinion, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetics, biometrics, sex life or sexual orientation. We do not process any data relating to criminal offences and convictions.
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
We may use any of the following external service providers to support our business and may share your personal data with those third parties:
- I Active Campaign
- II BT Internet
- III Dropbox
- IV Facebook
- V Google
- VI Instagram
- VII LinkedIn
- VIII Microsoft
- IX OnceHub
- X PayPal
- XI Skype
- XII Stripe
- XIII Survey Monkey
- XIV Twitter
- XV WhatsApp
- XVI Whereby
- XVII Xero
- XVIII Zoom
We understand that all of these third parties have appropriate technical and security processes in place to protect your personal data. If you have any queries concerning how any of these third parties process your personal data, we recommend that you review their individual privacy notices which are available on their respective websites.
We may also share your personal data as follows:
- where it is necessary for external service providers who have been engaged by us to assist in the provision of services to our clients and customers;
- where it is required by our professional support teams;
- where we are required by a government body or legal obligation or to protect our rights;
- where it is required in connection with the sale or purchase of any business or assets;
Where we have outsourced a function or activity to an external service provider, we will only disclose personal data that the service provider needs to undertake that function or activity, and we require external service providers to agree to keep your personal data secure in accordance with the relevant law.
We agree not to share your personal data with any third party for that third party’s marketing purposes unless we have obtained your consent to do so.
Transfer of personal data outside of the UK
Our Website is located within the United Kingdom and we comply with the Internet laws applicable to the United Kingdom which includes the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
We may also transfer your data to a third-party service provider which requires your data to be transferred outside of the UK. Where your data is transferred outside of the UK by our third-party service providers, we understand that those third parties have security measures in place which provide a similar level of security such as the measures detailed below:
- the relevant UK regulatory authorities have approved the transfer of data to the country where the service provider is based; or
- adequate protection regulations are in place in the country or territory where the service provider is based; or
- appropriate contractual agreements are in place to protect your data which are compliant with the UK data protection legislation; or
- an approved code of conduct, compliant with the UK GDPR is in place.
If such security measures are not in place, then we will ensure that at least one of the following conditions is met:
- You have given your express consent;
- The data is legally required;
- It is authorised by the relevant data protection authority.
We take the protection of your personal data seriously and have taken suitable and reasonable steps to protect the personal data we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, and any modification or disclosure.
We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractor or third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your data on our instructions and must keep it confidential.
If you are submitting personal data over the internet that you wish to remain private, please note that while attempts are made to secure information transmitted to this site, there are inherent risks in transmitting information across the internet. If you prefer, you can contact us by alternative means using phone or mail.
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is required with regard to the purpose for which it was collected by us or provided by you including any legal or record keeping requirements and will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal data when it is no longer required.
Your rights in relation to the data we hold
You have rights in relation to your personal data these include the right to be informed about our collection and processing of your personal data, your right to access and receive a copy of your personal data we hold, to ask us to correct any errors, to erase your personal data, to restrict or object to how your information is processed. Should you wish to exercise any of your rights then please contact us by email using the details above.
You will not be charged a fee to access your personal data but we reserve our rights to charge a fee where we consider, in our reasonable opinion, that any request you make is unfounded or excessive.
You can find out more about your rights by visiting https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/.
To ensure the information we hold about you remains accurate please contact us using the email address above if at any time your personal details change.
Where you have provided your consent for us to process your personal data you can withdraw that consent at any time. Should you wish to do so please contact us at the above email address.
Complaints or concerns
If you have any concerns regarding our use of your personal data then please contact us using the email address above and allow us the time to investigate and resolve your complaint or concern.
If you are based in the UK you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues but we would ask that you contact us first and allow us the opportunity to resolve your complaint before contacting the ICO.
Links to other sites
The Website may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those web sites and have no knowledge of whether cookies or other tracking devices are used on any such linked sites. If you have any concerns regarding the privacy of your information you should ensure you are aware of the privacy policies of those sites before disclosing any personal information.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to alter or amend it without notice. Should the Privacy Notice be altered, the new policy will be posted on the Website.
Your first use of our Website after the date of any amendments or alterations will constitute your acceptance of such changes therefore, we recommend you review this Privacy Notice regularly to keep informed of any changes.